MOTIVATORS INTERNATIONAL

MOTIVATORS INTERNATIONAL
THE ROUNDTABLE

Thursday 23 August 2012

THE GIRL DIED.



My mind raced swiftly. The holdup was so much and I hurried to get to my destination on time. The month of August has been quite eventful with some beautiful uncertainties. As I raced swiftly to board a bike to my destination amidst the hasty attempt to browse through the dailies, my eyes caught sight of the Sun news headline for 23rd August, 2012- Face book Murder- Why we killed Cynthia. I was shocked, nay, perplexed.  
What happened to this pretty lady? Who were behind her death? While I tried to gather information, I found out that she was lured to a hotel where she was killed and dumped in a morgue.
Yes, the girl, Cynthia, the daughter of Major Gen. Ozukogu (rtd), an ex-general was murdered by those she met on a social media site, face book. It’s indeed painful that this ended the sterling tomorrow of this pretty young lady. Well, the two young undergraduates held in connection with the murder have been arrested through the help of the CCTV footage at the hotel but unfortunately, Cynthia’s life can never be restored.
I urge you to be careful with the people you meet on social media sites. You may never know who they are. However, we cannot undermine the positive impact of these social media sites in educating, connecting and fostering freedom of self expression. The evils committed through these media must also be checked. It all starts with the content of your mind. 
Myself, I’ve met people live through face book who have helped me further the course of our young non-governmental organization-Motivators International; hence I do not condemn that. What I condemn however is the motive of the meeting. Why are you willing to meet that friend you’ve never met from Adam? Where is the best place for such meetings? Or is your motive to sleep with that person you’ve never met before on your first meeting because the person has lured you with money? Let’s be realistic! Don’t destroy your life on the altar of some fleeting pleasure.
Cynthia’s case was discovered but many other such cases may go undiscovered.  Please guard your life to the best of your ability. Accept Jesus for He will help sharpen your life’s purpose. Hence “I commend you to God’s word which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance among those who are sanctified.” Pray before anything you do and let the Holy Spirit guide your steps. If you must meet any person you’ve never met before, please do so in an open place. My prayer is that Cynthia’s soul will rest in peace.
May no evil ever befall you my friend.
Much Love from me!
Chijindu

No comments:

Post a Comment