MOTIVATORS INTERNATIONAL

MOTIVATORS INTERNATIONAL
THE ROUNDTABLE

Monday 20 February 2012

Critical Moment... A short story...(Fiction)

Friends, I know it's been a pretty long time since you heard from me. I missed you as much as you missed me. My internet connection hasn't been in the best of shape. Anyway, I'm back and stronger! You would soon be enjoying a couple of varieties on my blog but for now, enjoy this short story as I welcome you officially to my Inspiring world this 2012. Together, we'll make history in our world!
                                    CRITICAL MOMENT
I had slept late the night before and had slipped into the procession by a stroke of luck. I was at the end of the possession. These days, church bells were no more especially in the town where these things did not seem to matter. If it were in my village, I surely would have heard the bells even from our house.
Nothing was unusual; except that as a mass server, I had to be about the normal ritual in the holy sanctuary, putting my hands together and depicting utmost holiness and sanctity. This was the norm. My church is so organized and great order prevails unlike in many churches where the pastor does what he feels like.
The tasks are divided among other Mass servers as usual and when it reached my turn, I was to hold the microphone for the Monsignor to read out his sermon which he always prepared and read before everyone. I held the microphone and was enjoying it before I started having a strange feeling. Gradually, this strange feeling was building up underneath my white apparel. I felt like something was coming apart. I was in full glare of the church as the Reverend Father read from the Holy Book. Suddenly, I started speaking in tongues. Well, our monsignor did not so much believe in speaking in tongues. I spoke in tongues as I felt my trouser slipping off my tiny waist. I know this must be the evil one whose work is simply to kill, steal and destroy. This time, it was my pants! My belt had given way suddenly and my trouser was close to slipping off. As I silently spoke in tongues, I shifted my legs to go against the down flowing tide. Well, my pretence had no real chance of saving me. I began to recite and remix two psalms at the same time, psalm 121 and psalm 91. Gradually, the trouser came right down.
As though I had not had enough, the Monsignor then finished his speech and I was supposed to follow him with my hands together. As he took the first two steps, I followed him and then the worst happened. The trouser came down in full glare of the congregation, save for the white cassock which we wear, I was forced to use my hands to save my trousers from causing me untold spiritual hardship.
Once I held it and drew it up, I managed to find myself in a corner of the altar hidden from people to adjust my belt. As I looked up, the prying eyes of the Reverend Father met mine and immediately with a certain attitude, I pouted my mouth, put my hands together, closed my eyes and uttered, Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with you, blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus… and then there seemed to this reassuring smile on his face that seemed to be saying…. Your sins are forgiven!

No comments:

Post a Comment