MOTIVATORS INTERNATIONAL

MOTIVATORS INTERNATIONAL
THE ROUNDTABLE

Monday 27 August 2012

5000 NAIRA NOTE; I DEY LAUGH!


In the last few years, we’ve seen a constant devaluation of our naira; one of those policies that is foisted on the Nigerian nation without people getting a chance of voting for or against it. The recent news about the introduction of a 5000 naira note came to me as a rude shock.
Is 5000 naira note really the best thing for our economy at a critical time as this? I personally do not think so. I dey laugh because the naira devaluation continues. We are gearing up for a cashless economy yet we are encouraging wastage of resources. Instead of bringing up policies that will help us, we are tearing up what is being built. We can understand from the culture of our country that once a naira note becomes a coin, it’s about going into extinction. What will become the fate of a twenty naira note in the years ahead? Hmm… I wonder.
I laugh because it seems the CBN governors are playing a game of relevance. Soon, a loaf of bread will become 1000 naira and the next CBN governor might introduce a 100,000 naira note and the devaluation continues. Is Sanusi, the CBN governor, helping us or destroying us by this policy? If in the days of my father, one naira was a paper money, and in my days, 5000 naira is coming into the picture, who knows what will be in the time of my children? Maybe a 5 million naira note! A bike man might even give you a blow in the eye for offering him a 5000 naira note on a cold morning for a 50 naira bike fare.  And trust our politicians because they will find it easier to continue laundering our money by easier means. The faces to appear on the 5000 naira note makes me wonder even more; not that they don't deserve it but by what means were they arrived at?
When will this come to an end? Even though I laugh, it’s not my normal laughter; it’s a laughter of disappointment at the numerous mistakes we make as a nation on account of our leaders.
          Where are we heading as a nation? 
But my question is this; how much better can you and I do if the mantle falls on our shoulders as leaders in this nation?
         May God help us!

No comments:

Post a Comment