MOTIVATORS INTERNATIONAL

MOTIVATORS INTERNATIONAL
THE ROUNDTABLE

Friday 6 June 2014

10 BEAUTIFUL BOXES OF EXCUSES AND THE NEED TO RISE ABOVE THEM.

1.      Abigail is somewhere whispering to herself, “You see, I can’t be who I want to be because I am not tall enough; look at Adanna, she is a very beautiful and tall.” And somewhere in her room, Adanna is wishing she could have the beautiful voice of Abigail. No matter what your excuse, someone is rising above it somewhere.
2.      “No, you don’t understand. I am too poor, I can’t figure out how my next meal will come. But you do not know that somewhere down the street, a rich man is asking for the grace on his hospital bed to just be alive for the next day. You are alive, so pray and get your hands busy.
3.      “I am too ugly, my face can’t be a brand in the media.” You are only guessing. Oprah Winfrey THOUGHT so too but she dared to BELIEVE and she rose above limitations.
4.      “My voice is too poor and I can’t be accepted for a radio show.” Joyce Meyer once thought that her voice was too poor but today she speaks to millions across the world.
5.      “Wait ooo. I left school with a third class, there is no hope for my beautiful tomorrow.” Remember, It’s only when you give up that it’s over. Even Tuface has no first class, no second class upper or lower; nor third class and not even a pass University certificate but he is a first class personality and the boss of Hypertek Music. Don’t let your certificate alone define who you are. Be the one to define your certificate.
6.      “I am afraid of speaking because my grammar is rickety.” Yet somewhere down the street, someone is speaking “Na only you waka come? All this blood you are sharing …will answer.” If you do nothing about it, it will remain that way. Stop giving yourself boxes of excuses and go down the street and find an English grammar book and polish your grammar. That’s the way to go.
7.      “I am a call girl; a runs babe, my parents don’t send me money again, that’s why I am now a call girl” Oh really? Who told you that what is in-between your legs can give you more money than what is inside your head? Explore your brain, task your mind, you will find a better essence for your life. You can still achieve those beautiful dreams of yours while using your head and not your waist.
8.      “I can’t succeed in Nigeria, I can only succeed Abroad.” Whoever said that creative people and people who know what they are doing don’t succeed in Nigeria? Just to remind you, a lizard in Nigeria will not turn into a Lion in America. You can succeed any where if you work hard and do the right thing.
9.       “I finished from school for four years and since then, I have not got a job.” You see, some people who have no certificate at all are making it and some other smarter people have started volunteering and getting recommendations. Some others are leveraging on the talent within them. Look within yourself and get determined. You will find a way out.
10.   “I am still too young to do anything; I am going to wait till tomorrow.” You see, tomorrow never ends, there will always be a tomorrow, so get started today.

Whatever your excuses are, you can drop them and listen to that voice within your soul that reminds you that all things are possible if you have faith enough to get them.
I believe in you. Stay on top of your game!

No comments:

Post a Comment